Interesting New Interviews with Sakurai and Tatsumi Kimishima

Interesting New Interviews with Sakurai and Tatsumi Kimishima
Sakurai, Sakurai, Ya-yo-I-no so-ra-wa 

Hello everyone and welcome to both
Masahiro Sakurai's and Tatsumi Kimishima's recent interviews! I'll start with Sakurai. 
Sakurai wrote about his personal experience in his Famitsu column.
“In the game industry, there’s a lot of overtime, all-nighters, and coming in on holidays! It’s a practice that has been occurring for a long time. That suddenly changed in recent years, though.”  

“Actually, if you look at other companies and even myself, 10:00 p.m. is when everyone goes home. Or rather, maybe we’re getting shut out? I go to work at 10:00 a.m., so I usually spend about 10 hours working each day. In the past, it wasn’t that uncommon to work until 1 or 2 in the morning so compared to those days, I’m taking it easy.”

Man! I knew he worked so hard that he put his life on the line to make some Smash  games but woah! Next up is Tatsumi Kimishima. He spoke of why he decided to both retire, and why he chose a younger president.
“I was asked about my duties when I took over as president while Nintendo Switch was still in development, and one of my biggest responsibilities at the time was to launch that platform and get it to consumers just as we had envisioned. My second role was to change our directorial structure to speed up decision-making and execution on a variety of projects that members of the management team were considering at the time. It takes people to support that, and it was essential that we build a structure that allowed the new generation to play an active role.
As we progressed with delegating authority, including the authority for corporate governance, we created a system where our younger senior managers would be able to act. In the past two-plus years, they have shown what they are capable of accomplishing. Our latest financial results are far better than I originally forecasted, which speaks to the fruits of our efforts to date. My successor, Mr. Furukawa, worked with me as General Manager of the Corporate Planning Department to advance our operations. He has fully fleshed out what this non-traditional collective leadership system we created will be, so I believe this is the perfect time (for a change of president).
So there you have it! What do you think of these interviews? Let us know in the comments. Also, don't forget to subscribe to NintedndosView so you never miss an article.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soon to be President Shuntaro Furukawa Wants one Big Blockbuster

Rumor: Could Smash 5 have these Characters?

Nintendo Applied for N64 Tradmark. Signs for a N64 Classic?